Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Web Mail | Translate |
Our Standard is Excellence
Refugio ISD is currently closed for Spring Break. Refugio ISD will remain closed beyond Spring Break through April 3, 2020 to support our community and health care professionals in the ongoing goal of containing the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Additionally, all extracurricular activities, practices and athletic events are suspended while we are closed. The closure may be extended beyond April 3, 2020 should conditions warrant such measures.
We do not make this decision lightly. We fully realize it presents significant difficulties to working parents. However, we are hopeful that these measures will better ensure the long-term health and safety of children, staff, and the larger community.
Refugio ISD is finalizing logistics on distance learning options and the distribution of food to address children’s nutritional needs while school is out. More information and guidance will be made available on our website and the Refugio ISD Facebook page. We will also take this week to further clean schools and buses and restock custodial and nursing supplies.
Additionally, Refugio ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
· Don’t shake hands
· Wash your hands regularly
· Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
· If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
· For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
· If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
· Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
· Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information, will assess conditions throughout the week, and will provide frequent updates on our website and Facebook page.
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of our community stay safe and healthy.
Get In Touch
Refugio High School
212 West Vance St.
Refugio, TX 78377
Copyright © 2016 - Refugio Independent School District